where are you hulu + ?

I just got a subscription to Hulu Plus. I'm trying to get it set up to play on my TV via Apple TV. However, I am not even seeing the Hulu Plus app as an option in my menu when I start up Apple TV. I've restarted my Apple TV device a few times and still not seeing it. It's supposed to be on the second row of the menu, next to Netflix. It is not there. Why is this and how can I fix it?
posted by thereemix to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Have you updated your Apple TV?

You have to be running the latest firmware to get this new experience and captions. If you are unsure, go to “Settings” on the Apple TV home screen and under “General” choose “Update Software.”

posted by suedehead at 5:43 PM on March 18

You can try going to "Settings" > "Main Menu" to show Hulu Plus channel, if it has been hidden previously.
posted by applesurf at 5:44 PM on March 18

What region is your AppleTV set to? Hulu+ and the other USA-specific "channels" won't show up if your AppleTV is set to Canada or somesuch.
posted by joelhunt at 6:07 AM on March 19

« Older Working through Apostol's Calc...   |  I'm 38 and I graduated in 1997... Newer »