Recommendations for inexpensive dual-sim smartphone with a decent camera
March 17, 2014 6:04 PM Subscribe
It's been suggested to me that I pick up a ~$100 dual-sim smartphone for my upcoming trip to Europe, and I'm looking for recommendations.
posted by burntflowers to Technology (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
I'm going to Europe for a couple of weeks, and then having a multi-day layover in another province on the way back. I'm looking for recommendations on a good-but-cheap dual-sim phone for the trip. Unless I totally fall in love with it, this probably won't become my full-time phone, though my spouse may use it after the trip.
What I'd like to be able to do is:
- buy a data plan for the country I'm going to so that I don't get charged insane roaming fees
- take photos and post them to social networks
- use Google maps or something similar when we manage to get turned around and can't find our hotel
- check gallery hours and event times on the go
- get emergency calls on my Canadian number while I'm in Europe
I've been an iPhone user since smartphones became a thing and don't know what I should be looking for when looking at products outside the walled garden of Apple. Does the version of Android matter much? What are must haves? What should I avoid?