Essential Wedgewood

So many tributes to Tony Benn have focused on his written output, many suggesting these will be his significant legacy. What are the essential books by and/or about him?
posted by monkey closet to Writing & Language (3 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

Arguments for Socialism
posted by runincircles at 3:08 AM on March 14

Billy Bragg: "Tony was responsible for educating me about the English radical tradition. During the miner's strike, he gave me a copy of his 1984 book Writings on the Wall: a Radical and Socialist Anthology 1215-1984. Having got most of my politics from pop music, it was a real eye opener, not only introducing me to the Levellers and the Diggers, but the Luddites and the Chartists too."
posted by Vortisaur at 6:36 AM on March 14

His diaries: kept for sixty years, there's nothing like them in British political life. The last volume, reflecting on old age, the loss of his wife, and having become a kind of travelling political heritage site after decades of direct engagement, is remarkable in its own way.
posted by holgate at 7:23 AM on March 14

« Older Can I Eat This-filter, with a ...   |  How did vitamins get their nam... Newer »