Where in the SF Bay Area can I get Pliny the Elder on tap?

Where in the SF Bay Area (including the South Bay) can I find Pliny the Elder on tap? I know about Bobby G's in Berkeley, but they've been out of it the last few times I've gone. (Is there a particular day of the week when you have to go?) I also know about this list, but it doesn't really help that much, since you can't tell which of those locations sells Pliny on tap.
posted by mikeand1 to Food & Drink (13 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Taplister has a location search for a particular beer - for a search on 'Pliny' in San Francisco it gives the following results:

TORONADO
547 HAIGHT ST
San Francisco, CA 94117

MONK’S KETTLE
3141 16TH ST
San Francisco, CA 94110

URBAN TAVERN
333 O'FARRELL ST.
San Francisco, CA 94102
posted by azlondon at 3:35 PM on March 12 [1 favorite]

I realize that Santa Rosa is 16 miles from the northwestern tidal reaches of the Bay and so might not qualify as "Bay Area" to everyone, but those of us who live in the North Bay think it is, and will point out the obvious answer: Russian River Brewing Company, at the brew-pub in downtown Santa Rosa.
posted by straw at 3:36 PM on March 12 [5 favorites]

Yeah, came in to say Toronado has it.
posted by trip and a half at 3:40 PM on March 12

I believe Bender's has it.
posted by alexei at 3:48 PM on March 12

I've never known Toronado to be out of it. Plus, you can get a tasty sausage next door and bring it to the bar if you want a snack.
posted by quince at 3:53 PM on March 12

Toronado usually on tap (virtually always in my experience); Monk's Kettle typically in the bottle and only rarely on tap. Not never, but don't count on it.
posted by Joey Buttafoucault at 4:01 PM on March 12

If you're in the East Bay Lucky 13 in Alameda has it, and they weren't out of it 2 weeks ago, which is the last time I was there. Several people around me ordered it.
posted by primalux at 4:09 PM on March 12 [1 favorite]

Lucky 13 in Alameda had it as of 2 nights ago.
posted by mollymayhem at 4:56 PM on March 12

Figured I would throw this in rather than asking my own question. What about locations to get it in a bottle in the Bay Area, so I can bring it home with me after my vacation next month?
posted by Old Man McKay at 6:01 PM on March 12

^^I 've gotten bottles recently at Ledger's on University Ave in Berkeley, but you have to be there at the right time.

Call them to be sure, but I think it comes in around Thursday afternoon. Last couple times, I called them around 4 pm and asked them to hold a few bottles, which they did.
posted by mikeand1 at 8:55 PM on March 12 [1 favorite]

Rose & Crown in Palo Alto has it on tap -- it's on their beer list.
posted by littlemisslaika at 9:56 PM on March 12

Are you in Berkeley? Ben and Nick's on College in Oakland has it on tap, as does their sister pub, Cato's on Piedmont.

What about locations to get it in a bottle in the Bay Area, so I can bring it home with me after my vacation next month?

Beer Revolution in Oakland has bottles. Whole Foods Oakland gets its shipment on Wednesdays and sells out that day.
posted by oneirodynia at 10:56 PM on March 12 [2 favorites]

FWIW, I went to both Cato's Alehouse and Ben and Nick's tonight. Neither had Pliny on tap.

Anyone planning to go to any of these places should probably call ahead and make sure it's actually there.
posted by mikeand1 at 10:08 PM on March 13

« Older Where are virtualBox guest dat...   |  Short of raising his paw and s... Newer »