Finding release dates for film automatically.

I have a list of films as a text file. Is there a website which would allow me to import the list and assign release dates probably using an IMDb api?

The IMDb used to have a way of doing this way back when. I thought I might be able to create a "list" with an import somewhere without having to enter each by hand.
posted by feelinglistless to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

IMDB has an unsupported API which basically sucks. The Movie Database (https://www.themoviedb.org/documentation/api) has a much better one - that database isn't quite as comprehensive as the IMDB one, but you won't notice unless you're getting really obscure.
posted by UncleBoomee at 11:31 AM on March 11 [1 favorite]

You can download the IMDB database as text files here. You might have to do some fuzzy matching if you aren't sure if your list of names corresponds to what IMDB has exactly.
posted by dilaudid at 11:47 AM on March 11

« Older How can I stop feeling envy ab...   |  I've been having quite a refle... Newer »