Help Me Find this Online Service (if it still exists)

Quite a few years ago, I recall ordering a sort-of "background check" online, only it didn't just have the usual criminal background, legal stuff, etc.--it also had details about the way the person looked, their interactions with their family, personality tendencies and such. It was a little spooky, actually, all the personal details it included.

I cannot find such a service when Googling today, although my Google-fu may be failing me.

I recall being emailed the report, but no longer have that email address nor do I believe I saved a copy anywhere (and if I did, goddess knows where it would be now).

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Even if not, does anyone know if/where one can get a background report on someone that includes more than the usual facts?
posted by mysterious_stranger to Computers & Internet (8 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite

spokeo?
posted by BabeTheBlueOX at 9:41 PM on March 8

That sounds a little like BeenVerified.com, one of the more creepy person search sites I've seen.
posted by fireoyster at 11:23 PM on March 8 [1 favorite]

To clarify: this was a prepared email report that took some time to arrive via email, not an instant search on a web site.

I don't see any of the usual background check services, including spokeo or BeenVerified, including any of this unusual info. They are cut and dried, contact info, criminal history, licenses etc.

The report I'm referring to included personality items (such as, for example, "doesn't get along with mother"), physical characteristics (for example, "has very pale skin"), etc.
posted by mysterious_stranger at 11:27 PM on March 8

Have you checked the records via whichever payment method you used at the time to buy the service? Credit card, check, Paypal, etc. Unless you paid cash there might be some sort of trail to follow?
posted by the webmistress at 7:44 AM on March 9

the webmistress: again, this was quite a few years ago. I would have absolutely no idea at this point what method of payment I used, when it was, what the service was called, etc.
posted by mysterious_stranger at 5:24 PM on March 9

Man, I wish someone knew what this was! It sounds awesome and weird. That said, not sure how it's possible. Have you considered the possibility that you dreamed it?
posted by town of cats at 7:04 PM on March 9

Sigh. No, I didn't dream it.
posted by mysterious_stranger at 8:28 PM on March 12

Was it the Social Intelligence Corporation?
posted by whimsicalnymph at 12:58 PM on April 3

« Older My spring break runs effective...   |  We have our windows 7 computer... Newer »