Collecting bad debts in the US from abroad

We, an Australian business, have a deadbeat client from the US who has defaulted on their accounts for services already provided. We have a clear paper trail and signed agreements, and looking to take the next steps in debt recovery which would involve a third party collections agency. Here in Australia there are a few reputable companies, but it seems like the Wild West in the States. Can any one recommend any particular company who can help out? The offending company is registered and operating out of Austin, TX. I so wish I didn't have to write this question. Thank you!
posted by LongDrive to Work & Money (3 answers total)

I sent you a message through your MetaFilter email.
posted by seventyfour at 7:54 PM on March 3

Collection agencies are useless. Go straight to a law firm who can sue them. Even if you do win collecting the money is another issue.
posted by Sophont at 5:18 AM on March 4 [1 favorite]

You want to talk to a debt collection law firm in Austin.
posted by J. Wilson at 5:29 AM on March 4

« Older What are the most awesome idea...   |  A photo was taken of my 10 yea... Newer »