Are there any other online communities which limit posting frequency?

One of the reasons why Metafilter and Ask Metafilter have such high quality content is that they limit the frequency of posts. Are there any other Internet communities that use the same strategy successfully?
posted by casebash to Technology (2 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Reddit rate-limits posts to the site and to specific sub-reddits for new users and those whose last few posts have been doing poorly. More on this in the faq and in the source code, if you're technical.
posted by jedrek at 5:52 AM on February 27

@Jedrek: Thanks, I forgot about that. I think I should restrict this question to communities that use this rate limiting for all or most users - not just new users - otherwise the number of sites that implement this will be too large. I should also clarify that limits like one post every hour are probably too short and too limited in impact to be very interesting
posted by casebash at 6:22 AM on February 27

« Older I stumbled across an older boo...   |  Is there any consensus about w... Newer »