How do you keep up with your favorite authors?

Is there some kind of app or website that will send me notices when authors I designate as my favorites publish a new book?

I'm familiar with FictFact but it tracks series, which is not quite enough. I want to receive notifications for every one of an author's new books, not just the next in a series.
posted by something something to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite

Amazon does this; go to the author's page on amazon (while signed in to your account) and there's a link on the right to click that says "e-mail me when this author releases a new book" or something like that.
posted by Eyebrows McGee at 1:13 PM on February 26 [3 favorites]

I also have in the past been able to sign up for emails on the publisher's website or at the author's own website. I have also been known to email authors directly and beg for a new book. I have received some lovely replies complete with promises that are subsequently kept regarding publication dates.
posted by janey47 at 1:25 PM on February 26

Goodreads does this, too. By default, you get emails about all authors you've read from and have put in their database.
posted by whatzit at 1:29 PM on February 26 [2 favorites]

authoralerts.com

I use it and it's great!
posted by kyrademon at 3:25 AM on February 27

Thanks! Amazon seems like such an obvious answer but I had no idea they offered this service.

Goodreads has actually failed me on this, which is why I sought out other options.
posted by something something at 7:54 AM on February 28

« Older Hello! I am looking for a pro...   |  5 years ago, I married Mr. Lib... Newer »