Short Spring Break Destinations
February 25, 2014 7:54 AM Subscribe
The wife and I would like a relaxing, ~4 day spring break getaway the weekend of March 14. Difficulties: we'd prefer no more than ~4 hours driving or ~6 hours in a plane. Would prefer to avoid spring break crowds. We live in Pittsburgh. I'd like somewhere warmer than Pittsburgh.
posted by nakedmolerats to Travel & Transportation (7 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
- I'm not sure there's anywhere within a 4-hour drive of Pittsburgh that will be meaningfully warmer, so maybe that's mostly out?
- Tropical is nice but not necessary... when I say "warmer than Pittsburgh", 60 is OK.
- would like to spend under $2000
- I love the idea of a 3 or 4 day cruise, but am concerned they will be heaving with spring breakers - are there any destinations that will avoid this?
- I would love a beach but this is not completely necessary
- The wife is a little less beachy than me, so some things to do besides lie on a beach would be good too
- we're OK with international but don't want to spend too long flying with only 4 days so that restricts things a bit
We are open to hotels, Airbnb, pretty much whatever.
Things we're considering:
Sanibel Island, FL
Bahamas (too spring break?)
somewhere on the Georgia coast
We found some cheap airfare to San Francisco but I don't know if 4 days is enough there?
We've been to Charleston many times so probably not, though Hilton Head would be OK.
Tell me about your great short spring breaks!