Driving school in Santa Monica or nearby

I'm trying to find a good driving school or instructor here in Santa Monica or close enough to take a bus there. None of my relatives know anyone or any school that they can really vouch for. I want to make sure that I get lessons from somewhere where I won't just throw out my money and then have to take the driving test 8 times before passing the driving test. Anyone know any good driving schools or instructors?
posted by antgly to Travel & Transportation around Santa Monica, CA (4 answers total)

If you don't need classroom instruction to get your learner's permit, most driving schools pick you up. I've heard people recommend Westwood Driving. You can do the online course, and then the instructor picks you up for practice sessions.
posted by Ideefixe at 12:52 PM on February 22 [2 favorites]

AAA offers driving classes to members.
posted by brujita at 1:27 PM on February 22

For actual driving instruction, they do usually pick you up.
posted by radioamy at 2:35 PM on February 22

Came in to say AAA too.
posted by vignettist at 9:05 PM on February 22

« Older I have 25lbs of thawed chicken...   |  What is the relationship betwe... Newer »