Interstuhl "Fit Chair" knockoffs?

My kids are in love with the Interstuhl Fit Chair which, as far as I can find, costs roughly one bazillion dollars. Has anyone seen a more reasonably priced version?

Yes, I know knockoffs are evil; let's presume I feel bad about this and move on. I live near Seattle and would rather buy this in person, but am willing to shop on-line if needed.
posted by The corpse in the library to Shopping (10 answers total)
This waffle chair from Target is a pretty loose interpretation of the same general concept, but the price is certainly right.
posted by Bardolph at 7:44 PM on February 20, 2014 [1 favorite]

Came in because I thought of that very same waffle chair from Target! There is also a bungee chair based on the same idea.
posted by dahliachewswell at 8:10 PM on February 20, 2014

I thought of this Still not a dupe of what you linked to, but you could get it in person.
posted by 58 at 9:13 PM on February 20, 2014

The Ikea Locksta has the stretchy fabric over a metal frame thing going on but looks more like a traditional chair.
posted by Wantok at 9:14 PM on February 20, 2014

I just saw a few chairs at REI that might fit the bill.
posted by Jane Austen at 4:19 AM on February 21, 2014

Jane is probably referring to the Alite chairs that come in gotta-balance and four-legged versions. They are quite comfy but designed to be light rather than durable.
posted by andorphin at 6:10 AM on February 21, 2014

Bungie chair
posted by SLC Mom at 6:18 AM on February 21, 2014

Oh this, but it's out of stock Addesso Chill Folding Chair
posted by SLC Mom at 6:34 AM on February 21, 2014

posted by SLC Mom at 6:37 AM on February 21, 2014

FYI, the Fit chair doesn't hold up to a ton of abuse. I know this from professional experience. Be warned against buying a knockoff and winding up with a saggy, snagged and dirty chair in short order.
That said, your kid may be kinder to furniture than the public situation I put it in.
posted by Deodand at 6:51 PM on February 21, 2014

« Older Can you suggest particular job...   |  I'm looking for a quote that s... Newer »