shirts too wide- what to do?
February 18, 2014 1:45 PM Subscribe
I am a petite woman, and I really freaking love my collection of button-down shirts-- I have about 30 of them in different cuts, sizes, colors and patterns. I wear a button-down shirt every single day.
Since October I've lost some weight and all my shirts now look clownishly big. What is the cheapest/ potentially easiest way for me to not look frumpy, but still wear my beloved shirts?
posted by redwaterman to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (15 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Some additional info that might be useful:
1) A lot of them were loose-fitting to begin with, when I was 15 pounds bigger (which I'd say was average). So now they look ridiculous.
2) I'm pretty un-busty
Idea's I've toyed with:
1) tuck them in (look like a balloon)
2) wear a tighter cardigan (material bunches up)
3) considered taking all of them to a tailor but that might be expensive
4) Learn how to take shirts in myself...but I don't have a sewing machine
Any other ideas? Are there tricks to pin the shirts in the back that doesn't look terrible?