A lost food blog?

There was a one-person food blog/website with gorgeous photography. At point, he went to France and came across a food that roughly translates to 'baby Jesus'. It was not a variant of a King cake. Does anyone remember this website?
posted by flibbertigibbet to Food & Drink (7 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

David Lebovitz maybe? I know you said it's not a king cake, but adding this link in case this food was something else he encountered, since his blog does fit your other criteria.
posted by jessicapierce at 2:00 PM on February 15

In that post, Lebovitz mentions, "There are two kinds of Kings Cakes in France; one is layers of puff pastry filled with almond cream, and the other is a circular yeasted cake, more popular in the south of France, festooned with colorful, sticky candied fruit." He shared the recipe for the first, which looks nothing like any King Cake you'd see in the US.
posted by acidic at 2:33 PM on February 15

Is it the cougnou (Belgium) / cugnot (French), also called "bread of Jesus" because it looks like a swaddled baby Jesus?
posted by elgilito at 2:44 PM on February 15

Was it FXCuisine.com ? He's Swiss, but many of his recipes are French. He has a recipe titled "Hard Boiled Swiss Jesus" (spoiler - it's a giant sausage, but in my defense you just said "a food").
posted by ninazer0 at 7:03 PM on February 15 [1 favorite]

Yes, it was FXCuisine!
posted by flibbertigibbet at 7:37 PM on February 15

Awesome! I loved that blog so much and was very sad when it went dark.
posted by ninazer0 at 7:52 PM on February 15

Ha! I thought that same thing. RIP FX Cuisine.
posted by exceptinsects at 3:07 PM on February 17

« Older I have a good mix of AAA, AA, ...   |  I've taken on a lot of work re... Newer »