William Castle Novel - What Was It Called?

About 30 or 35 years ago I read a fictional novel that featured a character based on William Castle. The novel was written from from the perspective of a screenwriter or avid fan. The William Castle type character was very into the Occult, and the denouement of the paperback was very dark. What was this book called?
posted by jbenben to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I am very confident you are talking about Flicker
posted by smoke at 1:27 AM on February 12 [3 favorites]

i think smoke's got it. "flicker" even featured a mysterious director named max castle.
posted by bruce at 3:36 AM on February 12

Thanks for asking this question, now I have a new book I want to read. I had no idea Theodore Rozsak, a prominent social critic of the Sixties "movement," also wrote fiction! I read some of his books in high school for a paper I wrote on that era and they really stuck with me.
posted by xenophile at 4:20 AM on February 12

Wow, was that quick!

I had no idea the author was so interesting. Thanks everyone.
posted by jbenben at 8:03 AM on February 12

« Older More songs like "Bouncing...   |  I've adopted a dog from a loca... Newer »