Used vinyl, thrift stores, & vegan-friendly restaurants in Kansas City?

I'm taking a short road trip to Kansas City, MO: I'll be getting in on the evening of Feb 12th, and leaving on the morning of Feb 14th. I'm looking for suggestions for good places I could pick up used 45s, thrift stores (for clothes, old media, and general knick-knackery), and good restaurants that someone who's on a mostly-vegan/sometimes-vegetarian diet might enjoy.

The only full day we'll be there is Thursday the 13th, so what are the best places in those categories that we could hit up?
posted by 23skidoo to Travel & Transportation around Kansas City, MO (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I have a friend who works contract in KC who has blogged about vegan/vegetarian food there. These are her recommendations. Hope this helps.
posted by immlass at 4:56 PM on February 9

For record stores, try Vinyl Renaissance at 1415 West 39 St, Zebedee's at 1208 W 39th St, and Mills Record Company at 314 Westport Road. They're all close to each other, and there are many restaurants in the same area, but I can't speak to vegetarian/vegan food specifically.
posted by whatideserve at 5:02 PM on February 9

There is a whole string of thrift stores on Wornall Rd between 75th Street & 85th Street. Map. Honestly I haven't been in any of those shops but I happened to drive past there recently and they looked promising.

The ones I have been to are in the neighborhood of Noland Rd & Hwy 40, particularly Charity Thriftstore and Savers. Map. I wouldn't come from out of town to visit any of these but if you're here anyway, they might be worth a visit.
posted by flug at 5:39 PM on February 9

My brother took me to Füd when I was last there, and I liked it.
posted by pitrified at 7:25 PM on February 9 [1 favorite]

I cannot recommend Cafe Gratitude for your vegan restaurant desires enough. Half raw options, so good, reasonably priced.
posted by vegartanipla at 7:38 PM on February 9 [2 favorites]

Füd and Cafe Gratitude are great. Blue Koi is good as well.

In general, the Crossroads neighborhood shouldn't steer you wrong.
posted by RainyJay at 2:05 AM on February 10

We had enough time to check out Füd, Vinyl Resistance and Zebedee's, and a couple thrift stores on Wornall Rd. Much thanks for all the on point recommendations, all.
posted by 23skidoo at 9:19 AM on February 16

« Older This spring, I'll be flying fr...   |  The decades-old parging/plaste... Newer »