Daily tech news source that's updated once a day and has an RSS feed?

Anyone know of a tech news source that's updated once a day and has an RSS feed?

I really liked the one at the Houston Chronicle (here's an example) but the guy stopped doing them.

I know there's plenty of tech sites out there, but the ones I've tried have various problems...either they produce an overwhelming number of stories and links, many of them unimportant, or are rewritten pr, or unrelated to tech, or just plain low quality.
posted by aerotive to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Y Combinator, although this site may produce more links than you really want (I think it's updated more often than once a day).
posted by alex1965 at 8:24 AM on February 9

I read Y Combinator (aka Hacker News) - it generates a lot of traffic, and a lot of it is developer specific. My recommendations to look at would be Ars Technica for a not too overwhelming volume and mostly covering "important" tech topics. Another possibility would be O'Reilly Radar, which has a volume of more like two things a day - they always do a "four short links" feature, and sometimes another item. Finally, I hesitantly mention Tech Meme. The volume is high, and many of the stories are trivial. The redeeming feature of Tech Meme is that is consolidates *all* stories about a given news item into one post, giving you a sense of how widely reported a story is.
posted by kovacs at 8:56 AM on February 9

You could do worse than reading the daily show notes for Daily Tech News Show. Subscribe to the RSS feed and ignore the video.
posted by blue_beetle at 9:13 AM on February 9

blue_beetle: "You could do worse than reading the daily show notes for Daily Tech News Show. Subscribe to the RSS feed and ignore the video."

Thanks, this is just what I was looking for.
posted by aerotive at 9:48 AM on February 9

« Older I'm getting the tendon in my t...   |  Looking for resources for a we... Newer »