Mind power techniques for improving workouts?

Hello, I've got a book called the Mind's Eye which explains how to improve visualisation skills. I've only just started working through it but early on it says the skills it teaches can be used to improve fitness motivation.

I'd be interested in hearing what other mind power skills are useful for a boost during a workout. Is there anything EFT-related, for instance, which might be helpful?

Thanks for any advice.
posted by Musashi Daryl to Health & Fitness (2 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Are you talking about "Seeing with the Mind's Eye" by Samuels & Samuels?

EFT is considered a pseudoscience.
Visualization, on the other hand, can:

- increase body awareness
- hone focus and persistence
- help you set step-by-step fitness goals
- help you rehearse complex maneuvers
- boost positive thoughts

These aren't magic fixes, but they'll help you "get over the humps" of hard training, those moments when you want to give up or slide by. They're habit reinforcers that encourage you to be mindful of your movements and set specific, concrete, bite-size exercise goals.

...one man's personal take on the matter.
posted by fritillary at 3:29 PM on February 9

The book I was referring to: http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Minds-Eye-Ian-Robertson/dp/0857501151/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392066913&sr=8-1&keywords=%22the+mind%27s+eye%22+visualisation

Thanks for the link. It looks very interesting.
posted by Musashi Daryl at 1:15 PM on February 10

« Older I have a killer red dress, and...   |  The book is about a girl who g... Newer »