Can someone ID this font?

I can't figure out the font used for "The Kanes" in this image. So familiar, yet still elusive.
posted by klinefelter to Media & Arts (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
This looks hand-drawn to me. Either that or some heavy manipulation of an existing font. Looks sort of reminiscent of Bookman.
posted by SpecialSpaghettiBowl at 1:09 PM on February 7, 2014

Sort of Rennie Mackintosh-ish, but not quite.
posted by bink at 1:21 PM on February 7, 2014

It's bit like Showtime font, but again, different.
posted by klinefelter at 1:27 PM on February 7, 2014

posted by rocketman at 1:29 PM on February 7, 2014

Desdemona, as rocketman suggested, looks pretty similar (and is probably what you're thinking of when you say it looks familiar).

This style of font can be called art deco -- using that as a search keyword may help you find a more exact match if you need one.
posted by mekily at 1:57 PM on February 7, 2014

It's hard to tell from the small graphic, but it also looks like it could be derived from the Eaglefeather family.
posted by usonian at 2:05 PM on February 7, 2014

Oh, duhhh, my apologies...reading comprehension failure on my part. I was referring to the red text in my comment above. As others have said, this is definitely an art deco style font of which there are many.
posted by SpecialSpaghettiBowl at 2:21 PM on February 7, 2014

It's Muffaroo.
posted by Static Vagabond at 2:39 PM on February 7, 2014 [3 favorites]

« Older Pittsburgh radio spot, early 90s   |   Probably not contagious Newer »