Twitter client to hide @ replies from select tweeters

I follow a group of friends who are interesting, fun, and definitely worth following, but they tweet at each other non-stop. At any given time at least half the tweets in my stream are @ messages between the same four or five people. I don't want to unfollow them, and I don't want to turn replies off for everyone. Is there a Mac, iOS, and/or web client that lets me hide @ replies on a per-user basis?
posted by Ian A.T. to Technology (3 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite

You could probably do this in Tweetbot by making a mute filter that looks like ^@(friend|friend|friend|friend)
posted by grudgebgon at 2:38 AM on February 7 [4 favorites]

Here's a bookmarklet that deletes conversations from the Twitter web page. It can be generalized into a Chrome extension or other plugin that works automatically on Twitter.com and is specific to users you list.
posted by ignignokt at 6:41 AM on February 7

grudgebgon's method is flawless, thank you. I had no idea that Tweetbot let you use regex in your filters, wow!

I marked ignignokt as best answer as well, because...come on, he wrote a bookmarklet for me from scratch!
posted by Ian A.T. at 10:47 PM on February 9 [1 favorite]

« Older So I have sensitive teeth as w...   |  Maybe it's just my computer, b... Newer »