Angry Bastard Music?
February 4, 2014 9:11 AM Subscribe
I have been in a bad mood lately, and need some angry bastard music to get me through it & help me kick some butts. A small list of special snowflake details inside...
- I'm not very good with abrasive stuff, especially vocals - Pig Destroyer is right out.
- Lots of intensity for sustained periods is hard to deal with. Lightning Bolt is amazing, but after one or two tracks I'm done. To stick with metal, Baroness is an okay solution, I think, as is Black Sabbath. Are there instrumental equivalents?
- I used to go for industrial (e.g. VNV Nation), but now find it a bit more boring than I once did. Stuff like Shackleton is a bit too depressing, as opposed to aggressive.
- Yeezus has worked pretty darn well, and other material in a similar sonic vein would be welcome. That said, my experience with rap can run hot-cold. Instrumental jams are preferred, especially if I'm going to destroy evil as I work.
- Post-rock is okay, but I've heard a fair amount of loud-soft-loud. Not something I'd rule out, but if it has more to it than that I'd be happy.