How can I display football scores/info on a secondary TV?

I have an old TV in a fireplace next to my primary TV. The primary TV will show the Super Bowl, with the old TV - I'd like to display scores or some other info.

How can I can I turn that old TV into a "scoreboard" (i.e. big numbers displaying the down # and yards) The old TV has a laptop connected to it and can display a laptop's main screen.

Any ideas?
posted by mildred-pitt to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total)

You could just use the laptop + tv setup to display the NFL.com or ESPN.com scoreboard. You'd also get nifty graphics of the field with arrows and stuff.
posted by Weeping_angel at 9:30 PM on February 1 [2 favorites]

Yahoo's Game Channel is another option. (preview screenshot)
posted by clorox at 1:30 AM on February 2

Seconding NFL/ESPN websites. My stepfather watches most sporting events with a similar TV/web set-up.
posted by MuChao at 8:34 AM on February 2

If it were me I'd be watching the Twitter trending topics for Super Bowl, or some other Twitter feed. It's fun watching a game with the background text chatter from the world.
posted by Nelson at 9:20 AM on February 2

« Older So, I have a PC. It was custo...   |  What's the best (most weatheri... Newer »