Non-skid, non-slip mat for the bathroom floor
January 31, 2014 2:55 PM Subscribe
Please help me find a non-slip, non-skid mat for the bathroom floor so I can get out of my shower safely while on crutches.
posted by crazycanuck to Home & Garden (6 answers total)
The place that I rent has an incredibly slippery tile floor in the bathroom. I am on crutches, toe touch weight bearing on one foot, and this is incredibly dangerous. I would like to shower without assistance, therefore I need help finding a floor mat that will help me do this safely.
1. I rent. Solution must be temporary and removable.
2. I am on crutches. The mat will be placed outside of my shower stall. I plan to dry most of myself (especially my feet!) in the shower chair before getting up, transfer from shower chair to standing position with assistance of crutches, then finish drying and crutch out of the bathroom.
3. Due to my injuries, I cannot bend over and dry the floor before exiting the shower.
4. I have a mobility problem. I prefer to use delivery service over in-person retailers.
5. I live in Canada. I prefer Canadian retailers. Would like fast shipping.
6. Prefer no assembly required.
Any suggestions on where I can find such a mat?