Best way to present an iPhone app functionality in a presentation

For my job I need to make a short video that graphically illustrates an iPhone app and its functionality. Are there any tools or sites out there that can let me do this as nicely as possible? I'm thinking of something similar to App.io except I need something more automated and presentable. Something like a Powerpoint presentation except for an app with text and animations/video.
posted by antgly to Computers & Internet (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I've used Reflector to record videos of apps.

http://www.airsquirrels.com/reflector/
posted by BabeTheBlueOX at 12:22 AM on January 30

We usually use screen caps pasted into PowerPoint.
posted by chesty_a_arthur at 5:39 AM on January 30

This just came out and looks incredibly polished, helpful, and would be great for a presentation: Marvel
posted by suedehead at 6:19 AM on January 30

Is this an app you wrote, plan to write, or somebody else's app? If it's yours, you can just run it in the simulator and actually demo it,which is what I do.
posted by w0mbat at 9:14 AM on January 30

I use Reflector also, but it is for realtime presentation, and you said you want video.

So maybe use Reflector for the realtime display on screen, use Camtasia or something similar to record the screen session and add audio to the video, and then embed the whole thing in the presentation software of your choice?
posted by Thistledown at 10:49 PM on January 30

« Older Putting off onerous tasks is a...   |  At the one minute mark of Appl... Newer »