Obscure 80s Cartoon?

I am trying to locate a rather obscure animated kids cartoon from the 80s. I'm not sure if it was a series; it might have been a movie or limited episode run. This is what I remember:

1. Cable TV only, and perhaps a "premium" channel like HBO.
2. The "bad" guys lived in a castle, and consisted of one main protagonist and at least two henchmen, who were troll or goblin-like in appearance.
3. I seem to remember two young kids as the "good" guys, and they probably had some creature for a sidekick/comic relief.
4. May have had a vague environmental theme, where-in the bad guys were poisoning the forest or something.

TIA!
posted by Brocktoon to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Raccoons. I guess it was on the Disney Channel in the US but I watched it before Hockey Night in Canada on the CBC up North.
posted by loquax at 2:24 PM on January 25 [2 favorites]

Came here to say the same as Loquax. The henchmen (and the bad dude) had a sawmill, no?
posted by feckless fecal fear mongering at 2:59 PM on January 25

It doesn't fit terribly well with the rest of your description, but the castle, the henchmen and the possibility of HBO makes me think of Twice Upon a Time...
posted by Merzbau at 4:43 PM on January 25

I bet you anything that this is the Gummi Bears.
posted by These Birds of a Feather at 4:46 PM on January 25

The Bluffers?

'The Evil Clandestino' - great name.
posted by Joeruckus at 4:29 AM on January 26

« Older Our non-profit [a Quaker Meeti...   |  Will having a beer (or maybe t... Newer »