Seamless boxer shorts / briefs to avoid sciatica pressure point

I find seams on boxer shorts act as a pressure point for sciatic pain at the back of my thighs, when sitting. Can anyone recommend mens underwear that avoids the problem? Preferably, something available in the UK.
posted by Marlinspike to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total)

Are you looking for loose fit boxer shorts or are you okay with something tighter-fitting?

On the tighter side, my husband likes Under Armour's boxerjock (UK page) offerings. While there's a seam diagonally across the back, it's flatlock serged and blends in with the surrounding athletic fabric.

If looser, check into what Hanes offers - a couple years ago they started making a big deal about seamless construction on their t-shirts and garments but I can't speak to their boxers specifically.
posted by bookdragoness at 4:58 PM on January 19

I used to have that problem when I was a mounted (horse) police officer in New Orleans. My solution back then was to wear a thong underwear. Now this was back in the late '80's, so thongs were not prevalent like they are today. Matter of fact, I had to go to a lingerie shop on Bourbon St to buy my undies.

These Under Armour boxerjock briefs may work. Look at the rear view of the boxers, I would be concerned about the seams running along the buttocks.
posted by JujuB at 6:28 PM on January 19 [1 favorite]

How about Saxx ?
posted by Snazzy67 at 9:05 PM on January 19

« Older ..to offer a suggestion about ...   |  A work colleague and all-round... Newer »