What is the training regime of elite sportspeople like?

I'm interested in any information about the training regime of elite sportspeople in any kind of sport, the more detail the better. I imagine that this will be hard to find as many will keep this under wraps in order to maintain a competitive advantage. I'm also especially interested in more recent information because I suspect that developments in technology and technique mean that things have changed a lot in the past twenty years or so
posted by casebash to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (2 answers total) 4 users marked this as a favorite

Probably not complete, but here's the strava account of Nordic Combined athlete Billy Demong who will be in this year's winter Olympics. it doesn't have data from the last couple of months, but there's bunch from last year There are also other pro athletes on Strava.
posted by sciencegeek at 4:37 AM on January 19

Here is a decent rundown on a pro cyclist's training.
posted by jquinby at 6:55 AM on January 19

« Older Hi, We're going on what I t...   |  What are appropriate gifts for... Newer »