Why did my Razr M home buttons shrink?

I have a Motorola Razr M that's a few months old, and recently the bottom row of icons on my home screen (my round "home" or "apps button and my favorites such as "phone" and "tools" have shrunken by about 20%. It's not really affecting usage, but it's weird and I can't figure out how to restore them to their normal size. Any advice? No luck searching Razr M message boards so far.
posted by juniper to Technology (4 answers total)

Did you receive a push notification to install an update? I can't find release notes that discuss smaller home buttons specifically, but I think KitKat 4.4 is the most current update that would go to your phone. Here's the official notes for consumers and developers.

I have in the past installed updates to my Motorola Droid Razr Maxx that changed the font/size of things. In my case, the changes weren't anything I could reverse in my settings, or at least I couldn't figure out how.
posted by juliplease at 8:10 AM on January 15

2nding that a system update it probably the most likely culprit if you don't recall doing anything that might have caused this.

This assumes you're using a stock rom and the stock launcher application for your home screen. If you've installed a replacement launcher (Nova Launcher, Apex Launcher, Go Launcher, etc etc.) than an update to that application might be the culprit. If you are using one of those, poke around in the settings for that application as opposed to the system settings.
posted by SpiffyRob at 8:27 AM on January 15

I thought an update might have done it. Frustrating that the look of my phone isn't up to me.
posted by juniper at 8:49 AM on January 15

Frustrating that the look of my phone isn't up to me.
It is up to you, though - if you want it to be. Install, say, Nova Launcher (as mentioned above) and you absolutely can have control over such things. It's even free, and you don't need to root your phone or anything like that.
posted by kickingtheground at 10:10 AM on January 15

« Older My grandmother has macular deg...   |  I'm looking for the name of an... Newer »