Fun Craft Projects for ages 8-12 that won't drive leaders crazy
January 12, 2014 6:29 PM Subscribe
I'm helping with a group for kids age 8-12 that meets monthly. Every meeting includes a craft activity. My co-leader has been scouring the internet for ideas but then spends way to much time pre-testing the projects, making templates etc. and doing prep work. I'm looking for resources (books or websites) that have fool-proof projects for this age group.
posted by metahawk to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (4 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite
More specific requirements:
- fun for kids (bonus if it looks impressive or is useful)
- low cost (less than $5 per child)
- time for projects is 20-40 minutes
- ability level is normal for that age range (8-12)
- group is co-ed
- we have a good ratio of adults and teens to help
- we use a classroom type space with vinyl tablecloths and aprons and linoleum floor. We need to make sure everything is clean when we leave. In warm weather we can outdoors (but still need to leave site clean.) No water in the room.
- clear, easy to follow directions