Seeking stylish and supportive women's flats
January 10, 2014 6:17 AM Subscribe
I am looking for recommendations for supportive women's flats. I have high arches and find most ballet flats very uncomfortable. Specific criteria below.
posted by seesom to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (9 answers total) 21 users marked this as a favorite
- Style: Looking for formal styles. Usually styles with a longer vamp or extra strap are more comfortable and supportive than low vamp for me.
- Heel: Wedge up to 1 inch is fine. No kitten heels.
- Color: Prefer black, but any neutral is fine. Am open to color or print.
- Material: Prefer leather or patent leather.
- Fit: I have narrow feet so lines that run narrow tend to work better. A specific narrow size is not required but is an option since they usually fit well. Arch support is a must, I have high arches and really dislike the typical flat where the inside of the shoes is completely flat.
- Previous Likes: I've had luck with Taryn Rose and Stuart Weitzman in the past but the models are no longer made. Taryn Rose is generall too wide but can work.
- Price: Flexible
- Other Information: Prefer to have the ability to try on in person. I live in a large metro area and have access to nearly all brands available in US brick and mortar stores.