20-Minute Media Recs?

I would love any recommendations for podcasts, vodcasts, webisodes, or (if any) television shows that regularly clock in at as close to 20 minutes as possible. I know most sitcoms are around 25 minutes, but that's a little too long for my current purposes. Anything spring to mind?
posted by northernish to Media & Arts (10 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Most TED Talks are around 18 minutes long.
posted by TwoWordReview at 6:10 PM on January 8

99% Invisible.
posted by mykescipark at 6:23 PM on January 8

Episodes of this season's Community are 21 minutes and just a little bit if you get them without the ads. BBC's Witness podcasts are 9 and 10 minutes long, so you could stack two and be pretty close. A few shorter suggestions in this AskMe thread.
posted by jessamyn at 6:31 PM on January 8

Planet Money (a podcast) is usually under 20 minutes.
posted by O9scar at 9:39 PM on January 8 [1 favorite]

R4 Pop-Up Ideas podcast is 15m long
posted by fearfulsymmetry at 1:37 AM on January 9

Another R4 suggestion, they are streaming their "A Short History of Ireland" on the website and the episodes are 15 minutes each. There are 240 of them and each episode is available for about a week. Episodes five through nine are currently available.
posted by CheeseLouise at 8:15 AM on January 9

Welcome to Nightvale (podcast; it's a fictional radio show about a supernatural, noir-ish town) episodes are usually 20-25 minutes long.
posted by chowflap at 11:27 AM on January 9

say yes to the dress (streaming on netflix, without commercials) is 19 minutes and some seconds long. i was ready to hate the show, but it's kind of addictive. i would think other tlc 30 minute shows would clock in about the same (sadly).
posted by misanthropicsarah at 11:37 AM on January 9

Most of the episodes of The League are around 21 minutes.
posted by sixpack at 1:43 PM on January 9

Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee episodes vary in length but are often in the 15-20 minute range.
posted by edlundart at 2:56 PM on January 9

« Older When I was about eight years o...   |  I regularly experience itching... Newer »