What is this four headed snow monster which has cut off one head?

This is a piece of folk art(?) in a house with many such things. I am house-sitting. Owner is away unreachable and in the past when I have asked her the story behind pieces, she doesn't know; she just buys them because they appeal to her artistically. I keep thinking there must be more of a story to it.

Also, this one is sitting on the desk and it is creeping me the fuck out. Help.
posted by The otter lady to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

It looks like a piece by Gary Baseman but other than that, I have no idea. I agree, that's pretty creepy.
posted by alygator at 10:25 PM on January 5

Not folk art, Gary Baseman

http://garybaseman.com/#/the-buckingham-warrior

jinx
posted by johngumbo at 10:25 PM on January 5 [1 favorite]

alygator is right! That sculpture is The Buckingham Warrior and it is most excellent. And creepy.
posted by carsonb at 10:27 PM on January 5 [1 favorite]

Thanks!!! I guess knowing it isn't actually some kind of malignant juju monster does help a bit. Very cool to know! Thanks very much!
posted by The otter lady at 10:27 PM on January 5

« Older What contemporary literature a...   |  Yes, it's another France itine... Newer »