In honor of (juke)Boxing Day, I want to move into the 21st century, and wrangle my prehistoric CDs into digital forms. Delight me with techniques for central storage and playback of all my musics!
- rip all my existing CDs
- get them somewhere central with a nice player / playlist interface
- sell / dump / donate the cases, etc.
- stereo with mic in (1/4")
- android phone (that can be used exclusively for controlling playback and library, if needed)
- external usb hard drive
- Mac and Windows laptops with CD drives
- money to fill in missing bits (apps, dongles, etc.)
- comfort with the command line / scripting / programming
- no rush to get this done (i.e., I can rip disks as part of my daily life)
- wireless network
- I hate DRM.
- I really don't understand iTunes. I will learn if necessary.
- I would prefer not to buy more gear.
Partial solutions are totally welcome!
previous previouser previouserer