Name that sci-fi short story (aliens discussing humans)

Do you remember reading a short science fiction story where aliens were regretting their decision to exterminate humanity?

In the story there was some conversation from the POV of two aliens, something about a missile sent through space, and a description about humanity evolving from squabbling warmongers to civilized beings with potential.

I think I heard about it from this site even (it's similar to Terry Bisson's "they're made out of meat"), but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I wanted to read more by the author or with this setup. Thanks!
posted by ana scoot to Media & Arts (2 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

Perhaps this?
posted by eotvos at 7:00 AM on December 31, 2013 [1 favorite]

Marvin Minsky wrote Alienable Rights which has a similar premise but more of an investigation of the nature of consciousness.
posted by bfootdav at 10:35 AM on December 31, 2013

« Older Over the past year or so, due ...   |  It's the goal writing season, ... Newer »