cuckoo clock chimes at 10 before the hour

Hi - my Mom has this quartz cuckoo clock. It chimes at 10 of the hour and I'm hoping to fix it for her.

I think it is a physical setting - I can hear a "click" by spinning the clock past the 50 minute mark, even with the batteries out. But I can't figure out how to declutch the minute hand from the mechanism so that the "click" happens when the minute hand is at 12. In fact you can lift the hour hand up on the "Z" axis and it comes loose from its keyway - but the minute doesn't seem to have this.

Back of the clock has an "Adjust" button which sets the number of cuckoos to match the current time, high-low-off for the chimer, and 2 D batteries. Google is failing me here. Any hope is greatly appreciated!
posted by ftm to Technology (2 answers total)

Can you physically pull the minute hand off and then put it back on in the correct orientation?
posted by BillMcMurdo at 10:57 AM on December 27, 2013 [2 favorites]

Can you rotate the mechanism inside the clock to set the minute hand's position?
posted by Johnny Wallflower at 6:48 PM on December 27, 2013

« Older Misterben is seeking good-qual...   |  Knowing none of you are my law... Newer »