Great haircut in NYC?

I want to get my hair cut, and I'd like to go to someone who can just look at me and say "This, this is what you should do with your hair," or something like that. A genius with scissors. Any recommendations for a really skilled haircutter in NYC? I don't want to pay too much more than $100, if I can help it. Thanks!
posted by swheatie to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 8 users marked this as a favorite

I really love Topher Gross at Arrojo. He is super skilled and gave me haircuts that made everyone go "ooh." Also he is super fun and you always walk away from his chair feeling happy and like a million bucks.
posted by feets at 5:42 PM on December 11, 2013 [1 favorite]

I love sue at this place. I pay 75ish for a lovely haircut every 6 months.
posted by larthegreat at 6:29 PM on December 11, 2013

My hairdresser is Kim at Hair in Greenpoint. It's her place. As it just so happens, I was there today for my twice annual cut (I'm growing it out), and paid $55 for a fantastic cut, wash, and styling.
posted by computech_apolloniajames at 6:34 PM on December 11, 2013

what type of hairstyle are you looking for? long, straight, curly, thick, thin?
posted by cristinacristinacristina at 6:34 PM on December 11, 2013 [2 favorites]

Suite303
posted by spilon at 7:56 PM on December 11, 2013

My stylist is Lauren at the Williamsburg Tommy Guns. My hair has never looker better. She trained at Arrojo.
posted by greta simone at 6:01 AM on December 12, 2013

Thanks, everyone. I'm leaning toward Suite 303, since Bond Street is convenient. Any particular stylist, Spilon?
posted by swheatie at 7:40 AM on December 12, 2013

Oh, and for reference, my hair is longish and fine.
posted by swheatie at 7:59 AM on December 12, 2013

« Older I just started a new job last ...   |  I am a high school English tea... Newer »