The Lingo Show, Across the Pond?

My daughter loves the BBC Kids show The Lingo Show, in which bugs from different countries teach a little bit of their language. She's only seen bits and pieces on YouTube. Is there any legitimate way I can get her full episodes of the show?
posted by musofire to Media & Arts (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Where are you? Do you have access to extra TV channels like BBC Kids?
posted by almostwitty at 7:31 AM on December 5, 2013

The Lingo Show doesn't seem to be on BBC Kids at the moment. I'm in Montreal, Quebec.
posted by musofire at 9:30 AM on December 5, 2013

Depending on your definition of legitimate this may or may not help. I'm in Toronto and use Unotelly to get access to various geofenced video on the web. I just tested it with the BBC iPlayer website and I could access half a dozen recent Lingo Show episodes.

Alternatively TunnelBear might work for you and they offer a 500mb/month free option as opposed to Unotelly which costs $5/month (after a short free trial period).
posted by pdinnen at 7:16 PM on December 5, 2013

@pdinnen The BBC iPlayer is only meant to be for UK licence-fee payers. So therefore it's not legitimate in any way.
posted by almostwitty at 8:15 AM on December 7, 2013

« Older I seem to remember a couple of...   |  I'm looking for an understated... Newer »