I have a little project that I'd like to make a little website for. Does not have to be fancy. This could be a WordPress module, a standalone website, or something else. Here's what I need: a checklist where multiple people can maintain, over time, their own version of a single list of items todo/completed. I have looked but I'm not finding what I want.
Without explaining this in too much detail, here's the short form: I have a "Have you visited all the X-es?" project. My website will have a list of all the X-es (with addresses and maybe some other info) and I'd like to have a publicly viewable checklist of these items. I'd also like other people to be able to maintain their own version of this list on the same site. I have between 100 and 200 items. A few options I've looked at
has a lot of what I want but would have to originally add entries by hand which would be a slog. This with an import feature would be fine.
looks perfect for a single user
is basically what I want but it's not current and when I installed it with my version of WordPress, it would not work.
I'm wondering if I can do better. How best to do this?
- List is editable only by me (i.e set it up once and then others can use it but not edit it)
- My list and other people's lists are viewable at some stable URL
- Can add extra info to individual entries like a URL or a Google map link
- I can admin the site in case there is abuse/weirdness
- Simple for end users to use, don't care if set up is a hassle.
- Progress bar? "You have been to 10 Xes out of 100, you are 10% done!" sort of thing
- Ability for other people to add notes on their own pages & maybe have a profile?
- Ability to import initial list in CSV or XLS format
- Ability to sort this list by various attributes (all X-es in this county, for example)
- Map? Badges? I don't know.
- As long as there is a stable URL, don't care if I host it or someone else does.
- Social anything
- Small fee would be okay, big fee not okay, hiring a developer probably outside of my budget
- Does not need to be checklist format
- Something that is only available in an app or on facebook (so no Foursquare lists)
- Hacked project management software
- Hacked shopping list software (unless it's really clever and works)
- Hacked weird SEO/affiliate marketing stuff (again unless it's the perfect thing)
I am good with Google and have looked at most of the obvious solutions so "I found this by Googling, maybe it will work?" is not the sort of help I am looking for. Would be fine with "I think you can adapt this thing you may not have thought of for this use" advice. It's possible the answer is "I don't think this exists" also in which case I can decide if I need to build it or not. Thanks for looking through my nitpicky list and offering suggestions!