CD/DVD Jewel Cases? Why is this so hard.

I have some jewel cases that look like this. I need more.

Sorry, I figured a YouTube video was the best way to convey it because I seem to lack all the words necessary to adequately describe what it is I have.

I need some more. I've been to OfficeMax, and Best Buy, and Amazon, and I've spent more time on this than I possibly care to admit, and I cannot find jewel cases that are like the ones I already have.

I like the ones I have. I like that it's a unibody construction with a plastic sleeve for label inserts that wrap around. It works with all the saved labels I keep on file for when we need to print out more. They fit nicely on my hself.

I don't care if they're black or white or transparent or blue or green or whatever. I just want those. Can you find them? Please? You're my hero.
posted by kbanas to Technology (6 answers total)

Whatever you want, you'll find at Meritline.
posted by Admiral Haddock at 12:43 PM on December 2, 2013

poly cases

I searched on CD case sleeve and it looks like this description might help: "3.8mm Single disc poly cases. Dimensions are 128mm X 124mm X 3.8MM. A clear outer sleeve holds artwork."

Is that close?
posted by clone boulevard at 12:48 PM on December 2, 2013

using Admiral Haddock's link.. I found them under the "VCD Cases" link. Maybe everyone defines "jewel cases" as the hard plastic with clear cover kind.
posted by royalsong at 12:49 PM on December 2, 2013

I searched google for DVD cases with slipcovers and found these -most are links to eBay.
posted by Lynsey at 1:00 PM on December 2, 2013

Another term that might be useful is 'slim' or 'slimline'. Looks like 'slimline poly case' turns up quite some interesting results. Not many seem to have an outer sleeve though.
posted by csdfa at 1:10 PM on December 2, 2013

Library supply companies carry them. Here's Demco's version.
posted by rabbitrabbit at 1:58 PM on December 2, 2013

« Older Questions on Christmas Amtrak ...   |  Our office is having a dessert... Newer »