Help me name the things I have made

MeFites, you did such a good job of coming up with a name for the last blog I launched that I'm back again asking you to help me name the next blog I want to kickstart soonish.

This blog will be about the things I make, with posts involving before and after pictures and some commentary on the process involved. I work in various mediums, so I will be posting about quite a mixed bag of home decor, needlework, clothing, stained glass, salvage and fine art projects as I finish them. The working title is "Things I Have Made", but I'd like something a little catchier, smarter, and more distinctive. Suggestions?
posted by orange swan to Grab Bag (9 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Hand Sprung
posted by tilde at 11:57 AM on December 2, 2013 [2 favorites]

Maken.

Like "wooden" or "golden", but for "make". Those Things You Have Made are maken.
posted by Thing at 12:02 PM on December 2, 2013 [3 favorites]

Distaff Made
Handmaid Arts
posted by MonkeyToes at 12:19 PM on December 2, 2013

Heartisanal

Purpose and Process

Good IDeas
posted by Lipstick Thespian at 1:05 PM on December 2, 2013

In The Making
The Art Of Crafts
posted by eponym at 5:41 PM on December 2, 2013

This That These
posted by jim in austin at 6:05 PM on December 2, 2013 [1 favorite]

From Here To There
I Made This!
Form Out Of Chaos
My War Against Entropy
posted by mono blanco at 6:06 PM on December 2, 2013

Doo Bee Doo Ree Doo
posted by tilde at 9:16 AM on December 4, 2013

I ended going not with any of these suggestion, but instead used one of the answers from a previous AskMe thread in which I asked people to name/define my aesthetic: Modwardian. Since it's a made up word and can mean anything I want it to, I think it encapsulates my work well, i.e., it's handmade and/or modified, and I aim to combine old school elegance and quality with modern convenience and minimalism.

Thanks all for your efforts, and Modwardian is up and running if you care to take a look.
posted by orange swan at 11:48 AM on January 10 [1 favorite]

« Older We're going to a Broncos game ...   |  My mother in law is retiring t... Newer »