I have friends who enjoy basic card games like poker and Gang of Four but are interested in trying something new. The catch is the place we're most likely to play games is out at bars with friends in various states of intoxication, and sometimes we have a bunch of people. What are some good games that work in this situation?
Just to clarify the above -
- We only do this at bars with tables that aren't going crazy, so a little table space is available
- Big boxes and fiddly pieces are out
- Sometimes we might have one person who has to leave early or is further gone, so games that work if people come and go are appreciated
- Simple rules are good, few people are really into serious games
- Games with common pieces or commercial boxed games are both fine
- Doesn't have to be cards, but portable + easy to keep track of is good
- Typical group size is 4-8
- No interest in drinking games like Kings
We don't usually do poker at bars, but Gang of Four, Daifugou, Liar's Dice, and Bullshit all get significant play. I asked
about this in a MeFi thread back in April and got a few replies, but figured I'd go fishing for more. Thanks for any help you can give!