Ideas for fifth wedding anniversary
September 30, 2013 2:53 PM Subscribe
What amazing fun thing can we arrange for our fifth wedding anniversary when we have 6 months to plan? Relevant details inside.
posted by Librarypt to travel & transportation (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite
Our fifth wedding anniversary is in early March. We did not have a "real" wedding (we just got married in a courthouse) nor a reception, and it makes me kind of sad to think that we never got the experience of a wedding or honeymoon. Since this anniversary is coming up, I want to do something fun, romantic and memorable to partially make up for the lack of a real wedding.
* We're DINKs in our late 20s, so expense and babysitting are non-issues.
* We're in the Baltimore/DC area.
* We're willing to travel but I hate flying so would like to avoid going anywhere more than a 2-hour flight away. A few hours of driving would be OK.
* We enjoy opportunities to eat good food and dress up.
* We enjoy the outdoors, hiking, going to the beach etc.
* I think it would be fun to do something like a renewal of vows ceremony with just us, but have no idea where/how to arrange something like that.
* I know there are Royal Caribbean cruises out of Baltimore, but we've never been on a cruise and don't know if we'd like it.