September 23, 2013 4:12 PM Subscribe
I've been using GoodReads to keep extensive lists of the books I've read, the books I want to read, and the books I've tried to read and didn't several years now. Since the Amazon buyout, lots of my friends left the site, and new changes to their guidelines have me rethinking my continued use. Can you recommend a replacement? More details inside!
posted by itsamermaid to computers & internet (5 answers total) 26 users marked this as a favorite
So, the things I love about Goodreads that I'd like to see somewhere new:
1) No limits on the number of books I can add to my shelves. This is one of the main reasons I haven't switched to LibraryThing.
2) Good social features, including being able to see friends' reviews, comment on them, and social media integration (especially Twitter).
3) Good metadata for the books I want to add. I don't read a lot of obscure books, but I also don't want to have to add stuff.
4) Pretty good interface, both for the web and on mobile devices.
5) It's free. I'm cheap, what can I say?
If I could find a new site that scratch all those itches, it would be awesome! It would be even more amazing if I could import my information directly from Goodreads, but I know that might be a pipe dream.
Thanks in advance!