How should I re-make my engagement ring?
September 15, 2013 2:26 PM Subscribe
I received an engagement ring that used to be my grandmother's. Photo here
. I love this ring! I would keep it exactly like it is, but I'm a manual therapist and so I'm touching people all day - this ring is SO tall and scratchy. Right now I'm taking it off when I work, but I'd like to be able to wear it at work. How should I have it re-made? Please assume I know nothing about rings, weddings, or jewellery design.
posted by andreapandrea to clothing, beauty, & fashion (14 answers total)
Things about me:
- I'm not so fancy (this is the nicest piece of jewellery I have ever had or ever hope to have).
- I'm not concerned about trends or sizes of diamonds.
- I don't want to add more stones to it.
- I'd like to wear it on the same finger as my wedding ring, and ideally the two would be flush.
- I would like it to be lower, and for there to be no more prongs or scratchy things. Sweater season approaches!
- Not all the stones have to stay, if you can think of a good reason why they shouldn't.
- If this whole thing could somehow be just flattened and rounded out, while keeping the same look, I'd go for that.
I'm meeting with a jeweler on Friday and she asked me to bring pictures of what I want. Can you help me figure out what that is please?