Manual typewriter tricks

I thought I could find a website where I could find tricks and funny things you could do with manual typewriters. I was wrong. An example: type the number 8; backspace and type a period; backspace and type a quotation mark. Voila, you have a bunny. I seem to remember that there were other such things. Any ideas?
posted by jackmcc to Grab Bag (2 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

When I was a kid in the way back 1970s we had a book called "you learn to TYPE!" (sorry, could only find a etsy pic of the cover) that I swore had some of the things you are talking about. Maybe this or another typing book could be helpful.
posted by Rob Rockets at 4:00 PM on September 7, 2013

It also doesn't speak directly to your question, but I found a tumblr full of typewriter art
posted by jepler at 6:40 PM on September 7, 2013 [2 favorites]

« Older I remember running across a fu...   |  What should we do about a frie... Newer »