Electronic Signature and Validation via Tablet PC

Is there a standalone tool which would allow one to create an offline form which must (1) be completed via Tablet PC stylus - that is, accept handwritten entry; (2) prompt the user if required "fields" have not been completed?

In a similar vein to this question, I'm looking for a relatively simple piece of software which will allow the creation of a standard, offline form which requires the completion of several "fields" (or spaces on the form) via a stylus on a Tablet PC.

This form will be used in the field to collect a certain type of consent for participation in a research project.

Currently, we are using a tool which works adequately (allows stylus entry), but does not enable any validation to ensure that required fields have been completed.

Thanks in advance.
posted by Ian.I.Am to Technology (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

By "Tablet PC", do you mean Windows? If so, which version?
posted by djb at 5:30 PM on August 27, 2013

Sorry; Windows 7. Also, our tablet PCs are not touchscreen, so "handwritten" does not refer to signing with one's finger.
posted by Ian.I.Am at 7:19 PM on August 27, 2013

For posterity - it appears that Microsoft InfoPath does allow the creation of offline forms which accept stylus input and "field" validation.
posted by Ian.I.Am at 2:58 PM on September 27, 2013

« Older Linguistics filter: Are the...   |  I need to scan some documents ... Newer »