Old, Sad Anime Movie
August 26, 2013 2:37 PM Subscribe
I'm trying to identify an animated Japanese movie I saw when I was a kid, but my web-search-fu has come up empty.
posted by The Tensor to media & arts (7 answers total)
Here's what I (think I) remember:
- It was a historical film set in Japan.
- The story was about a girl (or maybe a girl and her sister?) who loses her family somehow and has to survive on her own.
- The part I remember the most was a very sad scene where she has to cut her long hair short. It might have been somebody else cutting her hair—as punishment, perhaps?—or she might have had to do it herself.
- This is really vague, but I seem to recall there being a lot of water in the movie. A storm? A flood? A sea voyage?
- I saw the movie on TV in the LA area in the mid-to-late 70's. I'm pretty sure it was on KTLA's Family Film Festival.
Does this ring any bells?