What's a good small-group organisation system?
July 17, 2013 12:24 AM Subscribe
I have a group of friends with whom I'd like to organise miscellaneous stuff, mostly various different conversations but potentially also the usual complement of files, todo lists, and photos. At the moment we have one massive email thread that everyone replies to, but there must be a better way to keep multiple conversations going at once!
posted by katrielalex to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 9 users marked this as a favorite
- Conversing -- in my mind this would be forum-style but I'm open to other options. It should have more than one thread, and make it easy to start/reply to them.
- Email integration -- at least emailing for notifications.
- Login -- ideally via Google or similar.
Things I've thought of which would kind of work, but aren't nice
- Private Facebook group -- not all of us use Facebook, but even if we did it's hard to keep conversation going in comments.
- Emails and tags up the wazoo -- organisationally suboptimal.
- Host my own phpBB -- can do, but it's a bit of a pain.
I have a vague memory from many years ago of being able to set up a private google apps page and have a shared homepage with its own calendar etc. Looks like Apps doesn't do this anymore, though, but I'm hoping there's some cute startup out there with a name like
that will set one of these up quickly.