Please recommend a pet detective in Manhattan for my lost cat.
My Ada [1 2 3 4 5
] went missing on the evening of June 20/morning of June 21. I was out of town and Ada was staying with a friend of mine, who lives about 20 blocks away from me. Ada most likely escaped through the open bathroom window, jumping down three stories and into the apartment courtyard. As all of this happened at night, nobody saw it happen.
What we have done thus far:
- Put up flyers with colour photos of Ada all over the neighbourhood.
- Checked all local animal shelters, and check the New York Animal Care and Control lost pets database
everyday. She is microchipped, thankfully.
- Walked around the neighbourhood everyday, especially around dusk, calling her name.
I would like to hire a pet detective who specializes in finding lost cats in the Manhattan area (Washington Heights, specifically). None of the pet detectives in the Pet Detective Database
are located in NY, although I see that some of them are willing to travel.
Here are my questions:
- Have you ever hired a pet detective from the database above? What was your experience, and would you recommend him/her to me?
- Have you ever hired a pet detective in the New York area?
- I really like the idea of tracking dogs. Have you ever hired a pet detective with tracking dogs, and if so, what was your experience?
My ideal set-up would be to hire someone in Manhattan with a tracking dog. I'm really scared that Ada has wandered -- she's an indoor cat, and has never been outside before. Money is no object at this point; I only care that I am hiring the best help available.