Trying to find a short story about an alien and bacterial mind control.

I recall reading a short story featuring a eco friendly alien or superhero driving a car or spaceship covered in plants and fueled by water.

The idea was that people who polluted the environment were actually mind controlled to do so by anaerobic bacteria that want to take over the world... if only there were less oxygen.

I read it in some compilation in the 90s, and with all the talk lately about how human behavior is indeed greatly influenced by our bacterial colonies... well I just thought it would be interesting to revisit. I can't remember the name of the story or author. It might have been an excerpt from a novel rather than a short story.

Does anyone know what this story might be? I was hoping there would be a copy online somewhere.
posted by j03 to Media & Arts (1 answer total)

There's some mind controlling anaerobic bacteria from the bottom of Lake Baikal in Vitals.
posted by rmd1023 at 9:54 AM on June 7, 2013 [1 favorite]

« Older Does purchasing an external fa...   |  What are some vegetarian uses ... Newer »